Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ye Olde Internet Roundup

This is a good ol'-fashioned post of links to some other stuff I've done on the web, both recent & not-so-recent.

Projects I'm contemplating next: a filterable map of libraries I've patronized or worked for using the SIMILE Exhibit framework, a set of suggested settings for public Firefox installs (found some great blog posts to build upon), & I hope to self-publish a volume of poetry before the year's out. I used to write a lot of poetry but that has fallen by the wayside with my interest in web development. I have a few volumes worth of writing lying around so I think that will be a wonderful project because A) I'll get to learn the step-by-step process of self-publishing, which is an increasingly important area for libraries, & B) I like the DIY, Creative Commons, open sorcery, just-get-your-art-out-there approach. No beef with artists who have to sell stuff to make a living, but it's fun to give things away.

No comments:

Post a Comment