This is a good ol'-fashioned post of links to some other stuff I've done on the web, both recent & not-so-recent.
- I "hacked" the University of Illinois's Graduate School of Library & Information Science awhile ago. The column generated almost no comments but I hope some prospective LIS students find it useful.
- I wrote a column on web browser security for RUSQ. Now I'm editing the column I wrote this for, pretty sweet eh?
- I have a real, grown-up website & am wondering if I should move this blog over to it but for now I'm not going to.
- I'm writing a web app for the Munchkin card game because my life just isn't dorky enough.
- I gave a presentation on community college librarianship at the University of Maryland's iSchool last week.
Projects I'm contemplating next: a filterable map of libraries I've patronized or worked for using the SIMILE Exhibit framework, a set of suggested settings for public Firefox installs (found some great blog posts to build upon), & I hope to self-publish a volume of poetry before the year's out. I used to write a lot of poetry but that has fallen by the wayside with my interest in web development. I have a few volumes worth of writing lying around so I think that will be a wonderful project because A) I'll get to learn the step-by-step process of self-publishing, which is an increasingly important area for libraries, & B) I like the DIY, Creative Commons, open sorcery, just-get-your-art-out-there approach. No beef with artists who have to sell stuff to make a living, but it's fun to give things away.